Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Evening visit

I generally try to make only two visits a day to the hospital, so much driving is involved, but today was so hectic and I was so worried, I knew I couldn't sleep without checking on her. So I visited after dinner. She said she was "psychically drained," which I'm sure is true ... and also is precisely what the doctors want to avoid. The good news is, when I asked what was wrong with her, she said, I have amnesia. First time I've heard that.

She thought I was there to take her home, so it was hard to leave. Only two more days! And once she is here, Pam and I will make sure we don't have another fucked up day like today. And it started so promising, I was so excited at her demeanor this morning! How fragile it all is and how quickly things can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment