Saturday, July 30, 2016

Time out

Well, finally I can say we are at the end of a week when progress at downsizing was made. And Harriet joined the team. Now to keep this momentum going. By Sept, when the pros arrive, some of the work already will be done.

Today, yard work.

Brooding about a project to begin at Russellville. My last memoir, WHOLE CLOTH, documented in detail how my life experiences have informed my work. So unusual a presentation, wrote one reader, that it could be used to benefit in university writing classes.

From the life to the work. I'm thinking about going the other way: from the work (of others) to the life. How stories have informed my life.

Russellville has a theater. They show five films a week. A convenient, disciplined way to see a lot of movies and to reflect on how their themes may have informed my life, or not. A book, WATCHING MOVIES AT RUSSELLVILLE PARK: FILM STORIES AND LIFE.

Definitely a live concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment