Monday, July 18, 2016

Let us begin

I feel like this is the first day of "downsizing in earnest" ... because I am getting ready to trash my PC and take only the netbook and Kindles with me. A huge step! It means abandoning programs only on the PC. I found a 2001 Quicken, which I still use, and for a dime at that, so I will install it on the netbook for banking as usual. I can edit video and write on the netbook.

I hauled out the first bag of trash from the basement. First of dozens, I expect.

When the PC is gone, soon, the desk and bookshelves follow. The Official Downsize, managed by the company, begins in Sept, and I hope to have quite a bit done on my own by then, which also brings down the price, although the existing price is fine by me, less than I anticipated

Harriet isn't with the program yet. The sooner, the better.

Copying essentials from the PC to an external drive this morning, while the housekeeper works upstairs, one of her last visits.


No comments:

Post a Comment