Thursday, September 25, 2014

Game plan

I'm Charles, Harriet's husband. This blog was created primarily to keep family and friends on the east coast informed of Harriet's recovery from her heart attack.

Her visiting hours locally are personalized by nurse for each patient's best needs. For Harriet they are very restrictive. Visitors on weekends only, 430-830. Only two at a time. No entry if she is sleeping. No phone calls.

To wish her well, send a card or leave a comment at this blog. These strict rules should lighten up with her progress.

After some early informative posts after she enters rehab (probably today), I'll be making updates here weekly, on Wednesdays, unless something comes up. I also hope to post weekly video from Harriet. In time, I hope she maintains this blog herself.

Comments are activated and you are encouraged to keep her spirits up here.

It's been quite a journey!


5 comments:

  1. Dear Harriet,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get well enough to go home soon and get that wondrous brain of yours working again. I'll be there for you and Charles when you need help.
    Love, Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Big Red, thinking of you xx recover well and give them hell! Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog design and personal touch tha makes it feel like I 'm closeby. thank you Charles for for brilliant effort to link us to you and Harriet and Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, CD. Amazing tribute and support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blog, Harriet, and hope to read more about how you are doing in the coming weeks. I am going to try to see you for a short visit this weekend because after that I am having my knee replaced and won't be able to visit for a while. You have so many people who love you and want to see you that I think I will have to wait in line! In any case, I'm really glad to have this blog to see your feisty self making progress and giving the nurses and therapists a dazzling display of your amazing intellect and wit. I love the jokes Charles shares. You are one amazing, funny lady. ;-)

    ReplyDelete